Wednesday, May 2, 2007

New Digital Art Tools Review: HP w2207, Corel Painter X, Wacom Intuos3

Being traditional artist for many years I always appreciated works done in all creative media and now I decided to officially expand my art to the beauty of digital realm. Geared up for some intense brush work I got equipped with the latest and greatest tools the industry has to offer. Here's the short review:

1. HP w2207 22" widescreen LCD monitor. w2207 vs. 226bw: released in April HP clearly has the edge in picture quality (eg. colors, detail, sharpness) due to gloss screen surface. I picked it over Samsung 226bw with same specs but mat finish which made colors look a bit washed out. w2207 may have reflections but as long as you are able to control the light in the workspace it won't bother you. Specs: refresh response time: 5 ms, display brightness: 300 cd/m2, contrast ratio: 1000:1: (great for Xbox 360 gaming too)


2. New Corel Painter X is the world's most powerful painting and illustration software - features unique digital brushes, art materials and textures that mirror the look and feel of their traditional counterparts (the imitation of a real brush was stunning). That's all I need basically:


3...and of course painting software works to the most of it's potential with Wacom Intuos3 Pen Tablet. With 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity, you can control things like exposure, brush size, opacity, and more:


I'll write full review after I use products more, for now expect new gaming and erotic art to show up in my portfolio and poster gallery.

P.S. I just painted that RSS feed button on the top right as my first test. You can use it for free if you like with your image hosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment